Friday, April 1, 2016

First Time

Hi everyone, Thought I would let you know what I have been up to lately. Since today is April 1 2016, I can finally let you know and show you. I belong to a group of wonderful women and every three months or so we do a draw for a secret sister. Well my secret sister wanted something that would remind her of the 5 babies that she has lost. So I tried my hand at a Mixed Media Canvas. I was really scared. I have watched Vicky Papaioannou for several years now and have always loved what she has done and wanted to try my hand at mixed media.
It actually turned out pretty nice, not bad for my first time and better yet my secret sister and her husband loved it! So now that she has it I can show you. Here it is. What do you all think?
The quote is from the Velveteen Rabbit.
Well until next time, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Sabrina



5 comments:

  1. Sabrina, what a challenge to take on, a very personal journey for this couple. Your card turned out beautifully and the sentiment is perfect. Just lovely. I am sure they were pleased.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely creation with such detail and colour so special
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Sabrina... Very nice...
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunningly beautiful canvas--first try?! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely gorgeous and I am sure it was a perfect gift
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete